Selling at Fellows
Fellows have been providing specialist valuations for auction since 1876.
Our friendly specialists are on hand to talk you through the process of selling with Fellows, offering free valuations via email or by appointment at one of our offices.Once you have decided to sell an item at auction, our specialists can guide you through the process step by step. With over 100 auctions held each year, Fellows are able to offer a quick turnaround for your goods and high prices realised by marketing your consignments to prospective bidders based all around the world.
Please read our step by step guide to selling with Fellows.
The first step to selling your item at one of our auctions is to receive a free valuation from one of our friendly specialists. Once you have received your valuation, and if you are happy with it, our staff will help you to consign your item to the next appropriate auction.
The easiest way to receive your valuation is to use our online valuation form here by providing photographs and as much detail as possible.
- You can post smaller items to us, via Special Delivery to Fellows, 19 Augusta Street, Birmingham, B18 6JA. Make sure you include contact details and any special notes about the item.
- We also offer valuations in person at our Birmingham saleroom, our office in Mayfair and at various external valuation events held throughout the midlands.
- Fellows offer an open door policy every Wednesday at our Birmingham office from 10am – 4pm, alternatively you can arrange an appointment by calling +44 (0) 121 212 2131 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If your goods are too large to bring in for a valuation, or if you are looking to clear house contents, please contact us and we can arrange for one of our valuers to visit your home.
- We offer valuations for Probate, Divorce and Open Market Appraisal. Find out more about these other valuation services here.
If you decide to consign your item to one of our auctions, you will sign a contract, and Fellows will take the item in for cataloguing. The seller’s contract provides details of your reserve price and seller’s commission.
Approximately two weeks before the auction you will receive a letter notifying you of the lot numbers allocated to your items, along with a full colour catalogue (this is dependent on department).
Charges & Commission to Sellers
Our seller’s commission charge is 12.5% (plus VAT) on items with a hammer price of over £3,001, or 15% (plus VAT) for items with a hammer price of £3,000 or under.
A marketing fee is charged at £10 (plus VAT) per lot.
There is also a loss/liability charge of 1.5% (plus VAT) per lot.
Payment for any sold items is sent out by cheque, after fifteen working days of sale completion. For more information please click here to read the Terms of Business at Fellows.